The Group of Interdisciplinary Oceanography of the Department of Physics and Astronomy (DIFA) working at the Interdepartmental Center for Research in Environmental Science (CIRSA) is active in the Ravenna University campus and is participating in AdriaCLIM project.
Research activities are devoted to ocean interdisciplinary numerical modeling, ocean forecasting, climate simulations, and interdisciplinary observations in the coastal areas. This Group will contribute to the activities related to the upgrade of the coastal Emilia Romagna Model (ERM) observing system, the numerical ecosystem modeling at the Adriatic scale, and the downscaled biogeochemical modelling in the Emilia Romagna Pilot area. In addition, it will contribute to the geoportal and the adaptation plans for the Emilia Romagna coastal area development.
Team Leader: Nadia Pinardi
Centre for Research in Environmental Sciences - CIRSA, Ravenna
Department of Physics and Astronomy “Augusto Righi” – DIFA, Bologna
Andrea Valentini of the Regional Agency for Prevention, Environment and Energy in Emilia Romagna (ARPAE), Bologna
AdriaClim Team Staff:
- Roberta Guerra leads Task 3.1 for Observing System
- Marco Zavatarelli contributing to coupling Marine Biogeochemistry with Physics
- Silvana Di Sabatino leads Task 3.3 on Validation and Assessment of Models
- Leonardo Aragao da Silva – Research fellow for Validation and Assessment of Models
- Veronica Santinelli – Research fellow for Observing System
- Ozlem Ozalp – Research fellow for Geoportal
- Jacopo Alessandri – PhD student - Emilia Romagna Modelling in Coastal Areas
- Lucio Quadrani - Technician - SINCEM Laboratory Manager