The Group of Interdisciplinary Oceanography of the Department of Physics and Astronomy (DIFA) working at the Interdepartmental Center for Research in Environmental Science (CIRSA) is active in the Ravenna University campus and is participating in AdriaCLIM project.
Research activities are devoted to ocean interdisciplinary numerical modeling, ocean forecasting, climate simulations, and interdisciplinary observations in the coastal areas. This Group will contribute to the activities related to the upgrade of the coastal Emilia Romagna Model (ERM) observing system, the numerical ecosystem modeling at the Adriatic scale, and the downscaled biogeochemical modelling in the Emilia Romagna Pilot area. In addition, it will contribute to the geoportal and the adaptation plans for the Emilia Romagna coastal area development.
Team Leader: Nadia Pinardi
Centre for Research in Environmental Sciences - CIRSA, Ravenna
Department of Physics and Astronomy “Augusto Righi” – DIFA, Bologna
Andrea Valentini of the Regional Agency for Prevention, Environment and Energy in Emilia Romagna (ARPAE), Bologna
AdriaClim Team Staff:
- Roberta Guerra leads Task 3.1 for Observing System
- Marco Zavatarelli contributing to coupling Marine Biogeochemistry with Physics
- Silvana Di Sabatino leads Task 3.3 on Validation and Assessment of Models
- Leonardo Aragao da Silva – Research fellow for Validation and Assessment of Models
- Veronica Santinelli – Research fellow for Observing System
- Ozlem Ozalp – Research fellow for Geoportal
- Jacopo Alessandri – PhD student - Emilia Romagna Modelling in Coastal Areas
- Lucio Quadrani - Technician - SINCEM Laboratory Manager
AdriaClim Team Events, News and Updates:
- 14 June 2021: Field Measurements within AdriaClim Project: IOF team (Youtube)
- 14 June 2021: Research with the aim to detect the response of Microbial Food Web to Environmental Changes: Laboratory of microbiology (IOF Split)
- 8 June 2021: AdriaClim has been presented for the World Ocean Day event (.pdf) organized by the Ravenna Campus:
- 26 May 2021: ARPA FVG published new data on currents, salinity, and temperature of the Mediterranean Sea
- 20 May 2021: AdriaClim Workshop-Ocean Best Practices Systems (OPBS).
- 19 May 2021: Online Meeting - Results and perspectives from the Interreg Italy-Croatia project ECOSS
At the open meeting THE ADRIATIC ECOLOGICAL OBSERVATORY "ECOAdS" - Results and perspectives from the Interreg Italy-Croatia project
ECOSS, Andrea Valentini, representative of the LP, presents the AcriaClim Project.
- 13 May 2021: Two Interreg Italy-Croatia projects join their forces to help local Public Authorities in Friuli Venezia Giulia coastal and lagoon area find their way towards climate change adaptation.
- 23 April 2021: The coastal zone and the challenge of climate change.
- 31 March 2021: ARPA FVG corrected the rivers’ flow data.
- 15 March 2021: saltwater intrusion in a Mediterranean Delta under a changing climate.
- 29 June 2020: The Kick-off meeting of the project ADRIACLIM - Climate change information, monitoring, and management tools for adaptation strategies in Adriatic coastal areas.