SINCEM research activities focus on the development of numerical models for the understanding and the forecasting of the ocean general circulation from the short to the climatic time scales for the physical and biogeochemical components of the marine ecosystem.
The main research themes are:
- Ocean predictions and data assimilation.
- Numerical modeling of the Mediterranean Sea circulation from the open ocean to the coastal scales.
- Numerical modeling of the marine ecosystem dynamics.
- Numerical modeling of transport and fate of pollutants in the sea.
- General development of relocatable numerical models
- Marine Rapid Environmental Assessment
SINCEM co-operates with the EuroMediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC) and its operational oceanography and data assimilation divisions.
Nadia Pinardi is also the coordinator of the PhD program:
FUTURE EARTH, CLIMATE CHANGE AND SOCIETAL CHALLENGES
SINCEM participates in the Interreg Italy-Croatia AdriaClim project.
The Laboratory is involved in the Joint JPI-Climate and JPI-Ocean: Knowledge Hub on Sea Level Rise
PhD scholarships: over 280 professional training development opportunities
An extraordinary opportunity for undergraduates and graduates, funded by the NRRP, to gain the skills necessary to conduct high-level research activities and pursue innovative and advanced professional career paths.
Closing date for applications: August 2, 2022
June 1, 2021 - High-Level Launch of the Ocean Decade and Ocean Decade Laboratories:
June 8, 2021 - RavennaCampus per gli Oceani:https://events.unibo.it/ravennacampusforthesea/ravennacampus-for-the-oceans